Well, Christmas 2007 is history, and the year 2007 is nearly history. 2007 was quite an eventful year for me...eventful in good ways and in not so good ways. But in the end, it will be a year that is always remembered, unlike some of the past years. 2007 was a year filled with learning, accepting, and ultimately growing. I must admit that there were times that I didn't feel like learning...I didn't feel like accepting...and I really didn't feel like growing. But God thought differently...and as a result, I have changed as a person. At this point, I'm still trying to figure out this "changed person"; however, I think that will be a process that takes time...and it may never be totally completed in this life. But there are a few things I do understand...
Things Learned: I have learned that the greatest gifts in life cannot be wrapped up in colorful boxes; I have learned that one's life is remembered more for its impact on others rather than for its success/wealth; I have learned that blessings still abound in the midst of difficult times; I have learned to focus on the gains instead of the losses behind "nothing ventured, nothing gained."
Things Accepted: I have accepted the times when my best may be a little less than what I desire; I have accepted the fact that I may never see total independence; I have accepted the truth that some things in life are worth the pain.
How I've Grown: At this time...all I can say is that I have grown stronger. I'm continually reminded each day in ways that I need to grow...and with time and experience...those growing steps will occur. The last few months have demanded me to be stronger, and God has granted me that strength.
As I look ahead to 2008, I wonder what God has in store; I'm not scared. I just eagerly anticipate the great gifts He has waiting for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment