Saturday, March 01, 2008

My Week in Review

Well, my week has been everything but ordinary... and the next couple weeks won't be ordinary either. So... I'll provide a little glimpse into my "not so ordinary" week.

Monday: in the evening, I noticed that my right foot was swollen. I had been having some numbness in it for about a week, but the swelling just began Monday. Mom and I decided we probably should check it out on Tuesday morning.

Tuesday: I went to the doctor... and everything went from routine to chaos in a matter of minutes. Mom ended up having emergency hernia surgery, and I was tested for a blood clot. The surgery was successful; the test for the blood clot was inconclusive... another test was ordered for Wednesday morning. Mom stayed in the hospital for the night; I stayed at home with various people coming and going.

Wednesday: I went in for another test, and it was determined that there was no blood clot. However, the doctor didn't have an explanation for the numbness and swelling. Mom was dismissed from the hospital Wednesday morning with strict orders to do no lifting for at least 2 weeks. Needless to say, plans needed to be made for various people to come and assist in taking care of me.

Thursday: Mom and I began our journey of having many volunteers coming. The response and willingness of people has been overwhelming... God continues to provide. Some days... we don't know who is coming, but someone always calls or stops over at the right time. God is truly amazing!

Friday: I FINISHED my 20-page research term paper; it feels so good to have it complete! I only have a couple thesis stories left to revise... and I'm still studying for my comprehensive exam. But I'm getting closer to the end of the program; what a great feeling! I'm continually thankful to God for allowing me to achieve this goal; I'm eagerly anticipating what He has planned next.

Saturday: Mom and I are hanging in here; life will be different for awhile, but one just learns to adjust to change. God will bring us through this time as well!

As one can see, the week has been kind of topsy-turvy! Mom is recovering well; I'm still struggling with swelling and numbness... it's uncomfortable, but not unbearable. So... there it is... my week in review!

1 comment:

Jennifer A. said...

Hey, Carma, glad you're okay, though I wish you had been able to find out exactly what was wrong with your foot. The yellow was a bit hard to read, so I'm assuming that all is well.

Hey, I'd like to be added to your prayers. We found out last week that baby is breech, and I have to have a c-section tomorrow unless baby turns herself. I don't like the thought of being in the hospital for several days. Shows my inexperience I suppose. Most people by now have at least had a broken bone or tonsils removed.