
I have been on the go once again...imagine that! All has been well here, just keeping extremely busy lately. I can't believe it's mid September already! I'm still hoping for the Indian summer, but I guess time will tell if my hopes will materialize. Well, this past weekend my mom and I journeyed down to Lincoln, NE to visit some family and a good friend of mine, Rachel. In a nutshell, the weekend was AWESOME! It was one of those weekends when the days were not long enough...and the time went so fast! Rachel just began her medical residency in Lincoln; it is fun having her in the area again. The last two years she traveled all over the country doing her medical rotations, so we didn't get to see each other too often. But now with only 3 1/2 hours seperating us...I think we will see each other a little more. Plus, my mom has a brother living in Lincoln...a double bonus; I won't have to talk too hard to convince her to go to Lincoln :)! My mom spent her time with her brother, and I spent my time with the Doc...aka Rach to me. On Saturday, Rachel and I hung out at her house for a while, did

a little shopping, and then hit a coffee shop with internet access. The first picture is of us at the coffee shop; it's something we both enjoy and gives us time to catch up while surfing the net. In the evening, we went back to my aunt's house and had pizza. On Sunday morning, Rachel and I went to church together, drove by the hospitals where she is working, and then relaxed at her house. All in all, it was a fun, enjoyable weekend. We were already looking at her schedule to determine a good time for my next visit! Mom said, "We aren't even out of the driveway yet!" Anyway, the second picture is taken in front of Rachel's house just before we were ready to leave. The next picture is of my aunt and Rachel; my aunt and uncle were great hostesses! They loved Rachel as well, and I'm sure there will be future contacts between them in the future. Rachel thought it was great to meet some people from Lincoln as well. The last picture is my mom, my aunt, and I...doesn't it look like we had fun? It was nice getting out of town and spending time with friends and family! When can we do it again? Where will

my next adventure take me? I'm already thinking! But in between that time...I have to work, part of life as well. A couple weeks ago, I received a major assignment from AOP, so that will be keeping me busy for the next few months. I don't mind working; in fact, I love it! So...for that...I am thankful too! What great blessings I have...family, friends, and work...and don't forget my weekend chillin' with the Doc! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment