The thoughts of a young woman who observes and participates from a different angle
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Living Thankfully
With Thanksgiving only 4 days away, I thought I would take a few moments to reflect on the thankfulness in my life. As I was lying in bed this morning, I was thinking about all the things that I am thankful for in my life. Of course, the most prominent things that came to mind were family, friends, food, shelter, health, and God's love and gift of salvation. But then I started thinking about the things that often get overlooked or taken for granted... the ability to get up every morning, the running water to make that first "cup of Joe", the freedom to go where we want, when we want without having overwhelming fears... these are all blessings too, aren't they? And I think God uses "bumpy patches" in our lives to make us realize, to see, and to be thankful for these "overlooked" things in life. My life has included many "bumpy patches", and there's been times when I have been thankful for a phone call or email to brighten my day. In essence, all of life should be a "living thanksgiving chorus" to God, which is easier to say than practice (especially during those bumpy patches). I was told one time... if we didn't have the hard times, we wouldn't appreciate the good times... and I have found that to be so true in my life. So this Thanksgiving, along with others, I will be counting my blessings... and living thankfully......... even beyond the holiday. How about you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You know, it's a perpetual thanksgiving in Heaven.
1 In the year of King Uzziah's death, I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, lofty and exalted, with the train of His robe filling the temple. 2 Seraphim stood above Him, each having six wings; with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. 3 And one called out to another and said,
" Holy, Holy, Holy, is the Lord of hosts,
The whole earth is full of His glory."
Isaiah 6:1-3 (NASB77)
&&
And the four living creatures, each one of them having six wings, are full of eyes around and within; and day and night they do not cease to say,
" Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God, the Almighty, who was and who is and who is to come."
Rev 4:8 (NASB77)
Post a Comment