The thoughts of a young woman who observes and participates from a different angle
Monday, March 23, 2009
Herbie, Dixie, and Margie
In the last three months, I have made three new friends, but I have already lost two of them! Maybe they weren't such great friends after all, considering neither a them didn't keep company with me too long. But then again... I wasn't too sorry to see them go either! Herbie and I met at the hospital a week before leaving for NC; I liked him so much... I decided to take him along on the trip. He was a good boy... provided me with proper nutrition... and behaved well until mid-February. He started acting up then; it was quickly decided that Herbie would meet his demise. On the day of Herbie's death, Dixie came into my life, offering me her support and friendship. We got along well for three weeks, but then she too developed an attitude. It was so bad... I had no choice but to pull her out of my life... and leave her where we met... at the hospital. I was feeling pretty blue, but Margie promised she would be the best friend I've been looking for. I agreed to take her home, but we haven't gotten along yet. I'm going to keep her around for awhile because I think she has potential. We'll get along eventually, even if it takes a few weeks! She just needs to learn how to work with me! So... farewell to Herbie and Dixie... and let's start working together, Margie... like a good feeding tube is supposed to!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You crack me up...one can never know what is going to come from you!! :)
Post a Comment