Saturday, December 17, 2005

IT'S FINISHED...

Boy, it's been awhile since I have written! Things have been pretty crazy around here the last couple weeks, and I haven't decided yet whether it's going to speed up or slow down. I finally finished my 20-page term paper last Saturday; it feels great to have it finished! The most surprising thing was that the professor actually liked my paper. I emailed her a rough draft on Tuesday, Dec. 6, and on Thursday (the last day of class), she said that she only had 1 suggestion. Also, she said that if I didn't make her recommended change, the paper would be an A anyway. I couldn't believe it; I actually almost fell out of my wheelchair! Some of the other students had to hand in 3 or 4 drafts before she even considered giving them a somewhat decent grade. I was so thankful! As I was about ready to leave the class, she said, "Carma, you know you are a natural writer, don't you?" My response: "I hope so." And that was how we ended it! Although I appear to have passed the class, I'm very happy to have it behind me.

This past week I have been keeping busy with writing Christmas letters, shopping, and working on my newspaper stories. The weeks go by so quickly this time of year! Well, I better get going and attend to some other things that I have neglected in the last few weeks.

Until later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad to hear from you... Happy Holidays! Linda