Monday, June 18, 2007

Gains and Losses

It looks to be about time to post an update; things have been well around here! I seem to be keeping busy; it's crazy to think June is half over already. Summer flies by too fast; I love summer! This past weekend my parents, sister, and I went on a weekend getaway for Father's Day. It was a fun time! It's nice just getting away for a few days... an escape from day to day reality. But one always has to return to reality... and reality sure hit hard once I returned. At this point, my thoughts are too jumbled to even write about it... it's nothing life threatening to me or my family. It's just a great loss... one I knew was coming... one I knew would hurt. But one can't really gain anything without be willing to lose it... because everything is a gift in the first place. It's better to be thankful for the privilege of having the experience rather than fearing the potential loss. It's still a numbing ache! I will explain this in detail later when my thoughts are clearer. Overall, I'm doing well, all things considering.

Until next time...

No comments: