Friday, August 24, 2007

Just like Butter...

As I promised in an earlier update, I would report on my adventure to Vancouver, BC. I think the time has come for me to take a few moments to give a few brief glimpses into my vacation. A good friend and I flew out on July 19; the airplane ride as well as the connections went very smoothly. We arrived in Vancouver a little after 9 p.m., and we met two very excited friends. From the time we met, the days flew by quickly; we stayed at their apartment, which was a 10 minute walk from the ocean and a half hour drive from the mountains. We definitely had the best of both worlds; we spent a couple days enjoying the ocean, one day on the top of 2 mountains, and a couple days touring Vancouver. My friends lived in White Rock, which is a community near Vancouver.

The day spent on the mountains was awesome; we rode a gondola to the top of Grouse Mountain, and we drove to the top of Mount Seymour. The view was spectacular! I find it difficult to believe that people can't see God in a view like that. There is absolutely no way this creation evolved; nothing would come out looking that beautiful just through evolution!

Although the ocean and mountains were impressive, I think the time spent with my friends was definitely the highlight. I'm so thankful that God has blessed my life with them; I'm truly honored to call them my friends. And even though miles separate us, those miles don't separate our friendship. Oh, the most important news of all, I returned home as an "honorary aunt!" My friends are expecting their first child in November; I can't wait!

God certainly blessed my time in Vancouver; everything went smoothly, "just like butter," as Danielle would say. But I certainly know God had his hand in the making of that butter!

No comments: