Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A new week...

It's a new week, and the new week brings a list of things that need to be done. Last week, I ran across a list entitled "Things I Want to Accomplish this Summer." As I looked down the list, I noticed many things that are only half completed, but for some reason that list doesn't seem all that important to me now. Who is going to care if I read 10 novels or not? Who is going to care if I caught up on my scrapbook? Who is going to care if I organized my drawers? I truly don't regret spending 3 or 4 hours watching a baseball game with my dad, even if he slept through most of it; I don't regret sitting outside on the back patio with him... not many words were spoken, but he knew I was there. I don't regret setting aside an hour for the "Price is Right" every morning. Yes, these were hours I could have been checking off items on my "things to accomplish" list... but those hours weren't meant for that. Those hours were set aside for my dad. As my dad said..."there is always another day, and if there isn't... we don't need to worry about it." I gently folded my list and placed it in my drawer, knowing that eventually I will accomplish those things. But until then... it's a new week... I will complete what I can... and take some extra time remembering and reflecting. After all, it's only a "new" week once; I will never relive it!

No comments: