Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Last Glimpses of Summer...

The summer is slowly dissolving into rustling leaves, yellowing bean fields, and cooling temperatures. It's hard to believe that fall is approaching, but at the same time, the changing of the season represents God's faithfulness. As I reflect upon summer, I find a menagerie of busyness, quiet times, mini weekend excursions, smiles, a great vacation to Vancouver, laughter, moments with friends and family, and even some tears. It's been quite a summer... but for the most part, it's been good... it's been memorable. Granted, all the memories are not happy... but I have learned that happiness doesn't always make something memorable. It's through the difficult times that we are assured of God's continual love for us.

I'm constantly thankful and blessed by the friends who God has brought into my life. Last Sunday evening, I had the privilege of spending a few hours with one of these friends. She and I have been friends since grade school, and although miles separate us now, the miles haven't separated our friendship. When we are together, it seems like we have never been apart. I guess "good friends" aren't determined by how much time you spend together, how often you talk, or how close one lives to the other. Good friends are those who make the time together count, share a connection across many miles, and walk with you during any time of life.

So as the last glimpses of summer fade into books, classes, and homework, I relive the memories of a summer filled with "memorable" events... but most importantly with family and friends.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: