My mom celebrated a birthday this past Tuesday, so my sister and I planned a surprise party for her. I was in charge of getting the balloons, which was sensible because I could run to the Wal-Mart after class. In the interest of time and not being late home from school (which would cause my mom to question my tardiness), I decided to leave class 20 minutes early. My attendant and I walk into the Wal-Mart at 2:55 p.m.; we pick out the balloons by 3 o'clock. A little after 3, we are standing by the counter where the balloons have to be inflated; the guy takes them into the back room, promising to return in a few minutes.
3:10 p.m.-we are still standing by the counter; a Wal-Mart employee approaches and asks, "Are you being helped?"
3:20 p.m.-my attendant wonders, "Do you think they are blowing up the balloons with their mouths?"
3:25 p.m.-another Wal-Mart employee questions, "Are you being assisted?" We answer, "We think so!"
3:30 p.m.-one yellow balloon is placed on the counter... only 3 more to go!
3:35 p.m.-a Wal-Mart employee emerges from the back room and explains that they are having fun with the helium tank... not to mention that one balloon went flying around the room when he attempted to tie it.
3:40 p.m.-a ladder is brought in to retrieve 2 balloons that took up residence on the ceiling!
3:43 p.m.-Wal-Mart employee finally hands over 4 balloons, and attendant and I begin our journey to the check-out.
3:49 p.m.-attendant and I leaving Wal-Mart parking lot with 4 inflated balloons in van... and only 25 minutes behind schedule!
The balloons were festive and added to the party, but by the next day they were going down already! I'm convinced they went down a whole lot quicker than they went up!!
1 comment:
Gotta love Wal-Mart!
I'm glad you were able to get the balloons and have a wonderful birthday party for your mom. As Dave would say, "leave it to Carma!"
Post a Comment