Friday, December 14, 2007

When all is said and done...

Classes are complete, as of yesterday afternoon! I can't believe it! I don't think the reality of not attending classes has set in yet because I still have quite a bit of work to finish. But the drive to Vermillion has come to an end; I am not sorry to see that go! Many hours were spent sitting in classes, and those many hours will definitely pay off on graduation day in May. Right now, I have a few more hurdles to jump before reaching that day. The last few days have been extremely busy; I attended a visitation last evening for a young man who attended the same high school as I did. He was actually 2 grades under me, but his brother was in my class. He had been diagnosed with cancer 3 1/2 years ago, and on Monday evening, he exchanged his suffering body for an eternal one. This morning mom and I attended another funeral in our church; the funeral was for an elderly lady who suffered with dementia. But she is now singing and dancing too.
I am doing some better now; my fall happened 3 weeks ago today. I still have a headache, but the doctor said I probably have a post concussion syndrome. He did a CT scan this morning to make sure there was no major injury in my head. Everything looked good. Praise the Lord! I guess I will just have to deal with the headache for a few weeks yet. So life continues on... Christmas is quickly approaching, although it doesn't feel much like Christmas...but all the things are present telling me it is Christmas. It will just be a different one this year!
This week there has been joy and sorrow, but when all is said and done...God is still good and in control!

1 comment:

Sarah VB said...

Congratulations on completing the last of your classes - finally! I'm sure you must be thrilled and relieved and exhausted, all in one.

What you do and the goals you have and always seem to complete amaze me Carma!

Dave and I continue to think about you and your family - we hope you are feeling and doing better since your fall.

Even though Christmas will surely be different without your dad, how great that we can celebrate the birth of a baby who came to this earth for the sole purpose of making it that death is not the final goodbye, but that one day we will see each other in His glorious presence. (: Hugs to you Carma.