Thursday, January 29, 2009

Going Curly...

On Tuesday, I took a deep breath, entered a salon, and said good-bye to my locks of straight hair. Two hours later, I left the salon with a head of curls... what a change! Outside of having my hair curled for special occasions, my hair hasn't seen this much curl in awhile. Mom give me a home permanent once; my hair was down to my hips, and I remembered thinking that I resembled something close to a poodle! It wasn't Mom's fault... I just think my hair was too long, and the perm took very well. Needless to say, it scarred me for awhile... ok, a long while... until about a month ago. It was then that I started thinking curly... and finally one day I made the appointment to act on my thoughts. The appointment was nearly canceled the day before when I started doing research on spiral perms. This is what I read... "To anyone out there... don't get a spiral! My hair turned into an Afro.... the spiral was ok, but my hair started falling out in clumps the next day!" At that point, I ended my research... yikes! Well, I can testify today that my hair is still in... whew! The pictures are the "end result"... so I'm going curly now!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Curly is looking good on you!