The thoughts of a young woman who observes and participates from a different angle
Friday, August 28, 2009
An Untold Story....
Over the last month, I have been living an untold story...a narrative that isn't shared, and a story line that doesn't seem to have an end (or no one seems to know the ending). In this untold story, I am starring as the main character, and all of those who are caring for me are playing the supporting roles. I must admit I would eagerly exchange the spotlight for a background role, but it appears I am the only one who can play the protagonist. However, the time has come when the untold story has to be told! Five years ago on March 1, I entered a surgical room with the promises of not having to worry about getting enough calories in my diet, about not having to choke down crushed pills, or about not having to concentrate on taking in enough fluids. The feeding tube was the answer; it would provide me with nutrition, medicine, and hydration in a simple and efficient way. Don't get me wrong...the tube has served me well; it has fulfilled all the promises, but I'll be the first to tell the secret of the untold story of the feeding tube...the story that the doctors seem to leave unknown. The story of leaking stomach juices...the story of irritated and burning skin...the story of messiness...and the story of "we really don't know what's going on!" Over the last month, I have been living this untold story...the story that seems to have no end...only options of trial and error. Am I ready to pull it out and give up? NO! Am I ready to stop using it and see what happens? Some days! But for now...I hold on to God's promise that "I will never leave you nor forsake you." So...I'll continue starring in this untold story...and hopefully, with God's help, I'll write the ending!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment