The thoughts of a young woman who observes and participates from a different angle
Friday, November 06, 2009
In Search of Inspiration....
I apologize for my negligence in updating my blog for the last two months; I have no adequate excuse for not writing; I can't even use the old standard of "I've been too busy!" It's not that I have been sitting around twiddling my thumbs...well, twiddling my thumbs would be a miracle in and of itself! Over the last two months, I have been on a search, a search for inspiration... maybe it's not so much "on a search", but more so "in search" of inspiration. It seems like all my writing ideas are so mundane, or I have heard them somewhere before....to the point where one begins to question whether the idea is truly original or merely just a metamorphisis of someone else's bright idea. As a result, my blog suffers, my writing ceases, and I am constantly bombarded with "when are you going to write your story, Carma?" My Story. What is so special about it, I wonder...why are people so eager to read it? A few days ago, I was writing a friend and explaining that I was pondering writing my story...however, I also told him I didn't see why my story had to be a book...I'm just an ordinary girl. He responded by writing, "Yes, Carma, you are right in saying that you are an ordinary girl, but your story is far from ordinary. You are a girl that has done extraordinary things." I'm not sure I would deem getting an education, hanging out with friends, surviving numerous illnesses, spending time with family, traveling, and having a job as extraordinary...but then it is only with God's help that I have accomplished all these things, so God has made them extraordinary. I think I may need to narrow my search...I think I should narrow my search down to God and my life...and there I'll find my inspiration!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment