Tuesday, April 22, 2008

D-Day is history...

D-day began bright and early... with a few nerves present (only a natural thing, I guess). Mom and I arrived in Vermillion around 11:30 a.m.; my defense wasn't scheduled until 2 p.m., but we had some errands to do and arrangements to tend to on campus. It wasn't long before I was sitting in an empty classroom... awaiting the arrival of 3 professors. The first question they asked... "Are you nervous?" My answer... "No." (Thinking to myself..."you will be the last people to know if I'm nervous!) After an hour of intense questioning, I was asked to leave the room while they deliberated. Needless to say, it was a LONG ten minutes in the hall! When I was summoned back to the room, I was greeted by "Carma, you have your masters and congratulations!" A huge prayer of thanks and relief was immediately sent up! So... D-day (defense day) is history!! Thanks again to all those who may have been remembering me in prayer!!

No comments: