Does this photo look familiar? No, he's not Buddy; his name is Ivan... and, no, he's not my dog! He's actually my cousin's dog, but I had the privilege of spending some time with him last Saturday. My mom's side of the family decided to try "Christmas in July" this year... and it was a blast! I'm confident it was the nicest weather we have ever had on Christmas :)! We enjoyed a picnic-style meal, lawn games, and many motorized "toys". My uncle, being a kid himself, brought out the three-wheeler, the crazy-cat, a dirt bike, a gas-powered scooter, the pocket rocket... and then the motorcycle. In an instant... I was no longer in my wheelchair, but I was on the back of the motorcycle!
Here I am! And... I LOVED IT! It only took me 27 years to figure this out, but I know now... which isn't probably a good thing, considering I'll go anytime now!! There is just something awesome about going down the road at 65 miles per hour with the wind blowing through your hair... it's freedom... it's thrilling... it's adventurous! I definitely have discovered my "born to ride" gene! But I shouldn't be so surprised, I guess, I always tend to be the more daring in my family. I can't wait to ride again... my uncle can come anytime with his bike :)!



1 comment:
Wow! How exciting Carma! That must have been quite the rush for you! :)
Post a Comment