
Once again the wedding bells tolled, but this time the bells were heard in South Dakota, not in North Carolina. On January 3, the Smidt family had a celebratory day by welcoming a new member to the clan, my nephew's fiance (Alyssa). It was a typical January day with ice and snow, but the day was still happy and warm despite the wintry conditions. I decided to provide a few pictures of the special day! The first picture is my sister, brother, and sister-in-law...oh, and me too! My brother cleaned up pretty good, don't you think? I don't think I have seen him in a tux since his wedding day, which was 21 years ago! I heard it wasn't so easy to get him into this tux either; I'm thinking a little sweet talking along with some coaxing resulted in this handsome tux. :) The second picture is mom and son

; both are looking good! The third picture was primarily taken so I could see the back of my hair; it's hard for me to believe that is actually my hair! Why can't it look that good everyday? Probably because I'm not willing to spend an hour on it each day! I'm more of the "wash, dry, and comb" type girl! It was fun having my hair done for the day. The final picture is my nephew and his mom dancing; my nephew cleaned pretty well too! He and I have grown up more as brother and sister than aunt and nephew....considering there is only one year seperating us. He is a very nice guy, and Alyssa is extremely blessed to have him! Of course, I'm probably a bit bias as to how nice he is. :) I'm sorry, but I did not have any good pictures of the bride and groom together....I'm waiting for the professional pictures. The day went so fast, and too much fun was to be had to worry about capturing every kodak moment. But these posted pictures give some idea as to the special day! I believe the wedding bells have rung their last dong for awhile now.... but then again one never knows! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment